Monday, October 10, 2011

Colette Eclair 1004





Pattern description:Strapless summer or party dress has a flattering shape which tapers at the waist, and gathered waist ties in a contrasting fabric. This dress is fully lined and has a gathered six-gore skirt with the front panel of the skirt left ungathered for a smooth line. Dress includes side seam pockets and optional boning. Closes with an invisible side zipper.

Size I cut the 18.




I made this dress a couple of months ago, it was a couple of firsts for me - the first Colette pattern I made, first time inserting an invisible zip and the first time I tried inserting boning.



I made a straight 18 and did no pattern adjustments!! I didn't think too much of it at the time, but now I've been sewing longer I've realised how unbelievably rare that is! This is still the best fitting bodice I've made, and I thought the boning would be really uncomfortable but it's not, I mean the dress fits firm but I love how the boning keeps it up and makes it look so smooth, no lumps and bumps.

I used a cotton poplin and a ripstop? poly lining from the Spotlight clearance table.



It has pockets! I had to following the instructions step by step for the zipper and pocket set-up but it works really well


(Sorry for the washed out photos, I've got to find somewhere inside with a plain wall behind me for photos)

I have a lovely thin voile to make another one for summer, I'd like to leave out the boning though and maybe shirr the back on the next one with maybe less gathering in the skirt.

2 comments:

  1. This dress is gorgeous! I love the bright print you used. And now you have a well-fitting bodice you can use for just about anything! I also love your daughter's licorice dress. Super cute print, and I love the ruffled patch pockets. Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete