Friday, December 23, 2011

Burda 6011: Bella Jeans




I love this pattern! It's a real TNT for me, I love being able to grab it any time I need jeans and just sew it straight up - no fitting!
The adjustments I've made in the past though are: made the waistband lower to sit at my natural waist, put a zipper in instead of a button down fly, and took about a 1" wedge out of the back to stop it gaping, Otherwise its a straight Sz 46.

I used some Denim I got at Rathdowne Fabrics on my last visit to Melbourne - It was a 2m remnant of nearly black stretch denim, I'm kicking myself I didn't grab more actually!

I think I hemmed them a bit long this time though, I might take them up by an inch or 2 because without heels they sit a bit long at the hem.


I used some sateen I had left over to face the waistband and rivets on the pockets (don't mind the chalk marks!)




Hide and seek with the kitty cat!


Well I've started my holidays (3 weeks, woohoo!), looking forward to going to the beach and lots of sewing, lol! Wishing everyone a great Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I like the style of these pants on you - wide legs, slight retro look and fashionable all at the same time. Catch up with more of your creations in the New Year...

    ReplyDelete