Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sewaholic 1201 : Renfrew top



My daughters been bugging me for some long sleeve tops for a while, so when this pattern turned up it seemed a perfect match. I really like how it doesn't use much fabric so its perfect for all those scraps that I seem to accumulate!
Such an easy top to sew! I love the bands on the hem and sleeves - makes the finish look so much more professional! Its the first time I've zigzagged a top stitch too and I was worried it might look a bit dodgy but I reckon it finishes the top off great - I did it around the sleeve bands and hem as well.



I made her a sz8, graded to a 10 in the waist with 2" in length taken out from the sleeve and body length. The fabrics are thick knit fabrics I got thrifting ages ago - they're not quite as thick as a ponte knit but a lot thicker and more stable than a interlock - my overlocker didn't really like them so the finish on the inside looks a bit rough, but good enough for a basic knit top and I think its now her TNT top pattern!


Its the first project I've done in the new sewing room and I really need to set up the other desk for my overlocker and finish my cutting table! But otherwise it was great, lots of light which I wanted and its nice and quiet out there :)

2 comments:

  1. Lucky daughter!!! The zigzag is really effective with these colours. She will be requesting this top forever...and glad you have christened the new room - hoped you popped the bubbly...

    ReplyDelete