Monday, April 9, 2012

Moda Freebird Quilt



Yup its another quilt! Sorry guys, I know they're probably not very exciting to read about!



This one is from Moda's Freebird, its just a jellyroll that I've sewn into a strip quilt - I've actually had the topper sitting in my cupboard for ages, but after having a go with the free motion quilting I thought I'd do this one too.
Its very simple, but the colours match in well with our kitchen/loungeroom, so it will be living on the back of the couch.


I made the free motion swirls a bit bigger and looser with this quilt - it went a lot quicker and didn't use as much thread which was great - it was about 4hours to quilt this which is the same time it took me to quilt the small cot quilt last time!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I've never quilted but would like to learn someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Its heaps easier than I thought plus its nice to have a break from fitting sometimes and just sew!

      Delete
  2. Nothing too boring about your quilt. I admire that you spent 4 hours doing the actual quilting - yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It actually went really quickly :)

      Delete