Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mario Quilt Sewalong: Mario and Luigi



I am so excited about this quilt! I was a huge Super Mario fan when I was younger (and still play it a bit now) so to see this quilt then find out Cut to Pieces is doing a quilt-along is so cool!

I couldn't find any of the Pellon stick n washaway locally so used a thin interfacing and pieced the blocks like Oh, Fransson! showed with her Postage stamp quilt.

The mario block is a little twisted, I had the iron on too hot and it shrunk and warped the interfacing a bit.....Not sure if I'll redo it or not yet. I found I had to dampen both of the blocks at the end and pin them straight then iron and starch them as they had twisted a bit (I think it was from ironing the seams out flat?).

I've got a bit of catching up to do (the goomba and cloud block) but they go together pretty quickly (I pre-cut all my material) and its kind of feels like doing a jigsaw puzzle to begin with, the ironing is pretty painstaking though!

5 comments: