Sunday, August 12, 2012

McCalls 6408: Black Tie Cardigan





I needed a palate cleanser after the jacket from hell so revisited this pattern. This time around I added a back seam to help get rid of the excess lower back fabric and added a bit of width to the hips. Its worked really well and fits a lot better than the last version (its shown up quite wrinkled in the photos but looks fine in real life). I did add extra to the hips but next version will have a little more again



Not much else to say but I love this pattern so much! I've worn the grey version heaps lately and the only bad thing I've noticed is the cheap ponte from Lincraft is pilling a lot more than I'd like (I have plans to get some wool blend ponte next time I go to Melbourne!)

12 comments:

  1. Ah I live a good drape cardie. I'm almost frightened of this pattern you are sending me... what will be my cleanser??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm sure you'll be fine - I probably traced it off wrong or adjusted it back to front or something!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like this alot! I think I'll copy your back seam, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! The back seam definitley helps it fit better :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I like this version a lot. Oh man, I want to make one again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. It has a lovely drape at the front and shaping at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Suzie. You inspired me to buy this pattern - I am just waiting for it to arrive from the US. Although by the time it does I will be sewing for warmer weather - but it will be a first come next winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beajay! I'm practically living in mine at the moment so I hope you'll love yours as much as I do (and they are so easy to sew!)

      Delete
  6. Lovely cardigan, and it looks so comfy! I love the style - it could easily be dressed up or down. I'm a beginner, and so far I have been reluctant to work with knits... but I might have to try this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bex! I used a ponte knit which means its very stable to sew, really easy if its your first time sewing knits as the ponte doesn't wriggle when you sew and the edges don't curl, its just like sewing a woven fabric (I didn't even use a stretch stitch or different needle!)

      Delete