Monday, April 28, 2014

McCalls 6408: Blue tie cardigan

 


I feel like I've totally lost my sewing mojo lately so this is an attempt to sew some nice easy basics that I know I'll wear and hopefully kickstart sewing again.
I've made this a few times now (first, second, third) so it was a easy sew. Material is a blue ponte from Spotlight that I got at the last sale.
Adjustment wise, its a sz M (it has heaps of ease, my measurements put me in an XL), with a centre back seam added for shaping, extra width at the hips, 1" FBA rotated out in the front gathers, 2" added to the arm width and about 3" cut off the length.
This is such a flattering cardigan and I wear all the versions so much in winter, they are nice and warm and mega comfy!

7 comments:

  1. You make the best things! I love this and the color is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cardi.. The fit is wonderful and really looks pretty on you. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very flattering style and I love the blue ponte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Hope this gets your sewing mojo back ready for more winter sewing ... J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It looks fantastic on you, and you really can rock blue. I want to make this one up again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of this cardi! And I feel you on the missing mojo...I think both of ours went on vacation together!

    ReplyDelete