Monday, March 14, 2016

Closet Case Files: Zippered Ginger Jeans





I got the email through about Papercut's new patterns the other day and I loved the new pair of jeans they have released. I was thinking all day about downloading them and how I could adjust them using my Ginger jeans pattern so they would fit and end up being a pair of Ginger jeans with front zippers.......then I mentally slapped myself and hacked up my Ginger pattern instead!

I think of these as a homage to that Papercut pattern and also a pair of Just Jeans that I saw in the shops recently. According to the daughter, jeans with zipper pockets are 'in' right now (oh god I feel old!)

Adjustments;
Sz 18
Added 1" to inner leg seam on front pattern
Added a pocket stay
Hyperextended calf adjustment
Changed the shape of the front and back pockets
Slimmed the calf from the knee down.

My zippers work, but they don't actually go to a pocket, I did think about making them fully functional but realised I wouldn't use them so didn't bother.


The pockets are inspired by a pocket design I saw on google and saved, I think they were true religion jeans.


Denim is from Lincraft, its a lighter weight denim with a lot of stretch which I like using for this pattern. Its a strange colour - almost a blue/grey.
Top stitching is with Guttermann upholstery thread no.38


Damn, I love this pattern! I've used it so many times I had to trace off a new one this time!

11 comments:

  1. Those look great on you! You have really perfected that pattern for your body. Love the style modifications - very cool. Your legs look a mile long in those jeans! May I ask -how tall are you? I ask because I noticed you seem to always to a petite modification on bodices - but in your photos you look like you are tall. Granted - it is a bit hard to gauge height from a photo . . . . Thx. Cheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheri, I'm 5'7", I am fairly short through the body but have normal-long leg length. I am wearing heels here so I'm probably closer to 5'10" with them on! This type of pant seems to make legs look longer though, when I used to wear a lot of wide leg pants I reckon I looked shorter in photos.
      Cheers, Suzy

      Delete
    2. Ah - so you are proportionally somewhat leggy. I petite my bodices approx. the same amount you do and thought we might be similar in height- however you appear, and actually are much taller than my 5'3". Mystery solved. Again - really awesome job on the jeans! Cheri

      Delete
  2. Love them! Those zippers look so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic on you and I love the zippers you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome jeans! Nice details and they are so slimming. You are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so gorgeous on you. Super slimming (but I think it's not just the jeans there) and the pockets are terrific. I love how they fit you around the waist. Actually I love the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome!!! Just awesome! I love the back pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fabulous! You look great in these jeans. I love following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic jeans and no need to change patterns, this one works for you. Love the idea of the zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother suggested I miight lke this website. He was
    entirely right. This post actually made mmy day. Youu cann't imagine simply how
    much time I had spent for tbis information! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete